VINYASA FLOW YOGA
A style of yoga in which you flow, or transition, between poses following your breath. Less time is spent in each pose.
In this form of yoga, poses are held for a longer period of time allowing you to get a deeper stretch.
A gentle form of yoga where poses are performed seated or with the support of a chair.
6:30 PM to 7:30 PM PT
We alternate between Vinyasa Flow and Yin.
August 24-Yin, August 31-Vinyasa Flow, September 7-Labor Day (No Class), September 14-Yin, September 21-Vinyasa Flow, September 28-Yin
6:30 PM to 7:30 PM PT
Participate in as many Monday and Thursday classes as you'd like and get access to recordings of the classes on the Exclusive Just a Bit of Yoga Facebook Group page for the month.
***PLEASE READ WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY BELOW***
I alternate between Vinyasa Flow and Yin Yoga on Mondays: 1 week of Vinyasa Flow and the following week, Yin, and on Thursdays is Chair Yoga. I always ensure that every class is appropriate for all levels, giving variations to fit your practice. It doesn't matter if you're new to yoga or an experienced yogi, there's something for everyone!
Once I receive your payment via PayPal (PayPal button above), you will receive an email with the Zoom link to Monday's or Thursday's class. The link will be sent the morning of the class. Each week I have a new link for you. Please ensure that I have your email address. If you'd like to purchase but use your class(es) at a different time, please email me at email@example.com.
I start class promptly at 6:30 PM PT and am so excited to have you be a part of our community! Just put on some clothes you can move in, grab your mat, a chair if it's Chair Yoga, and water, and get ready to relax and enjoy! Click the Zoom link emailed to you, and you're all set to enjoy virtual yoga in the comfort of your home, office, or wherever you chose!
- Increases flexibility
- Improves balance
- Builds muscle strength and tone
- Increases endurance
- Promotes better posture
- Helps to prevent cartilage and joint breakdown
- Enhances bone health
- Increases blood flow
- Boosts your immune system
- Can improve breathing
- Makes you happier
- Helps you sleep better
- Can help you manage and decrease stress
- Increases focus
- Relieves anxiety
Hi everyone! My name is Sonya. I started doing yoga over 20 years ago with my mom. At that time, my daughter was very young, maybe 1 or 2, and it was a way for me to get in a bit of physical activity and some time with my mom. As time passed, I fell away from yoga, not because I didn't like it anymore, but my life became more busy with family, school, and work. I took about a 10 year hiatus before I started my practice again. I began slow, doing short videos I found on YouTube, and fell in love for a second time. I wanted more! I started attending a community yoga class with my daughter, who was now old enough that she had a practice of her own. Then, my mom joined back in with us. As these classes were only offered in the summer, I found a studio to get my yoga fix. Soon, I realized I wanted to further my yoga journey and received my 200-hour teacher certification. My husband and I owned a indoor cycling studio at the time, and I saw the potential yoga had to help cyclists! I started teaching at the studio 3 times a week. After about a year, I wanted to further my yoga education and went back for my 100-hour Yin certification.
Then COVID-19 happened, and the studio closed permanently. I turned this sad moment into a happy ending, and now, I teach virtual classes. I feel so blessed to have this opportunity!
I believe yoga is for everyone: small to tall, young to old, thin to full-figured. Everyone! Yoga has extreme and amazing benefits for all, which I have seen first-hand. I do understand that some people feel nervous or anxious to join a class, maybe due to a previous bad experience or a preconceived notion, but it's "Just a Bit of Yoga" and not brain surgery. Join in and have fun!
Feed coming soon
By purchasing and using virtual class(es), including the Just a Bit of Yoga Hip Opener Series, at Just a Bit of Yoga, I hereby agree to the following:
1. I am participating in a yoga class(es) ("Activities) offered by Just a Bit of Yoga (“Studio”) and/or its owners, instructors, teachers, and independent contractors.
2. I recognize that I must be in good physical and mental health to participate in the Activities. I understand that the Activities require physical exertion and I represent and warrant that I am physically fit and I have no medical condition which would prevent my full participation in the Activities. I understand that it is my responsibility to consult with a physician prior to and regarding my participation in the Activities. If I have consulted a physician, I have taken the physician’s advice. I understand that the Studio reserves the right in its absolute discretion to refuse my participation in an Activity on medical or fitness grounds.
3. I am in proper physical condition to participate in the Activities, and I am aware that participation could, in some circumstances, result in abnormal blood pressure, fainting, heartbeat disorders, physical injury and potentially heart attack. I also understand that I could experience muscle, back, or bone injuries during exercise. I understand my physical limitations and am sufficiently self-aware to stop physical activity before I become ill or injured. I understand that it is my continuing responsibility to inform the Studio of any previous medical conditions, injuries or surgeries prior to my first class and any future changes to my medical condition.
4. In consideration of being permitted to participate in the Activities, I agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries or damages, known or unknown, which I might incur as a result of participating in the Activities at the Studio.
5. In further consideration of being permitted to participate in the Activities, I knowingly, voluntarily and expressly waive any “Claims” (as defined below) I may have against the Studio, its owners, members, employees, and/or its instructors, teachers, employees, volunteer staff, and/or independent contractors and the landlord of the Studio (each, a “Released Party”) for any Claim that I may sustain as a result of participating in the Activities at the Studio even if the Claim arises from the carelessness or negligence of any Released Party or anyone else. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless each Released Party from any loss or liability incurred in defending any Claim made by me or anyone making a Claim on my behalf, even if the Claim is alleged to or did result from the carelessness or negligence of any Released Party or anyone else.
“Claims” include but are not limited to any and all liabilities, claims, demands, expenses, fees, legal actions, rights of actions for damages, personal injury, mental suffering and distress, or death that I may suffer, my children may suffer or that my unborn child may suffer (including any legal fees or expenses) in connection with participation in any Activity.
6. I, my heirs or legal representatives forever release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue any Released Party for any Claim caused by any negligence or other acts of a Released Party.
7. This agreement shall be construed in accordance with, and governed by, the laws of the State of California.
I acknowledge that I have carefully read this release and waiver of liability and fully understand its contents. I voluntarily and knowingly agree to the terms and conditions stated herein. I am aware that by purchasing and participating in the Studio's classes and/or hip opener series I am agreeing to this release and waiver of liability, I am giving up substantial rights, including my right to sue and certain legal rights my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and assigns may have against any Released Party.